Tuesday, August 6, 2013

What rap has taught me! (Part I)

What most people may or well may not know is that I love music, especially rap music. From 1995- the present rap has taught me some of life's most valuable lessons. From Biggie to Jay Z, Cash Money Records to No Limit Records, and my Memphis rap Three Six Mafia all have taught me lessons that I still use today. Now I am going to let you in on the top 10 things rap taught me growing up.

1. Everything moves in the direction "From the Window to The Wall"

2. The only way to say YEAH is with dreadlocks and holding a purple chalis with crunk juice!

3. Big Tymers taught me that gator boots  go extremely well with Gucci suits!

4. Juvenile taught me that if your a big fine woman there's only one thing to do "Back That Ass Up."

5. DMX is the angriest rapper alive, while lil Wayne claims to be the best rapper alive. Still up for debate!

6. Trick Daddy taught me "Trick Love the Kids."

7. Outkast taught me that "Even Though You Like To Think Yo Shit Don't Stink, Just Lean Closer and You Will See It Smells like Poo...oooo....oooooo!"

8. Eminem taught me that having a child as a teen, will lead to hating the mother, who apparently is a mooching good for nothing drug addict, and being an angry white dude, but apparently it sells records. Who would have thought! Vanilla Ice should have been more of a dickhead.

9. Apparently being obese gets the ladies. For example, "I see some ladies tonight that should be having my baby... Uh... Baby...Uh!" -Biggie, "Some say I'm cute but just too chubby, same size a year later the same hoes wanna love me" - Mike Jones, and who could forget "I ain't a player I just crush a lot"- Big Punisher.

10.  Finally I have learned when you run out of ideas to rap about you can take old song and put your own lyrics in. I love Jay-Z but he started this mess with Hard Knock Life, and has trickled down to every song FLO-Rida makes. 

The takeaway here is that Rap music is awesome, no matter how sick a beat is, how lyrical the lyrics are, how banging it is in the club, how cheesy, or dumb it can all be interpreted however you like. 

With that being said here's my disclaimer I am not advocating whatever is said in the songs,  I am just merely expressing my belief that rap music can teach you something if you let it. 

-Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment